Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I feel so ashamed...

Today I gave into temptation and bought the AATW Platinum Smash Uncle B by N-Dubz.
The UK's favourite Chavs, frequently #1 on the Channel U charts, first came to the attention of Polydor records after a number of self-released singles (one of which reached #57 in the UK) and

winning a MOBO for best newcomer. Though after You'd Better Not Waste My Time peaked at #26, they parted ways with Polydor and signed to AATW, releasing the utterly shite Ouch, followed by Papa and the album which entered the UK album chart at #11 and has stayed in the Top 20 since release. Overall its actually quite good despite the occasionally dodgy lyrics. I may give it a proper review at some point in the future when I've given it a few more listens, for now this touching tribute to the aforementioned "Uncle B" is a solid 7/10

Turn On: The fabulous Strong Again - check out Tulisa's baps in the stunning video

Turn Off: Ouch - though it does contain the genious lyric "name's Shaniqua and wot?!"

If You Like This: Try Haze who I will be talking about in the next few months.

Visit: N-Dubz on myspace

No comments: